The Mazda CX-7 hit showroom floors in April of 2006. This vehicle was the company’s first mid-size SUV since the Mazda Navajo was discontinued in 1994. The CX-7 would go on to with the International Car of the Year award for the crossover category in 2007.
This vehicle uses a Mazda’s flip key fob with a retractable physical key and remote locking, unlocking, and panic capabilities. If your CX-7 key fob is running out of juice—fear not. This guide will show you everything you need to know to replace the battery. With info on the battery type, the tools you need, and a step-by-step video tutorial, we’ve got you covered. Looking for a different Mazda key fob?
|CX-7||Flip||2007, 2008, 2009, 2010||CR1620||Check on Amazon|
How to replace the Mazda CX-7 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 flip key fob battery
It can be a bit tricky to replace the CR1620 battery inside this key fob. Scroll down to see a full video tutorial or keep reading for a step by step guide.
What you will need:
• 1x CR1620 battery
• Flat-head screwdriver
• Precision screwdriver (3.0mm/PH0 or smaller)
• Pen, pencil, toothpick or another thin tool
- 【6 Different Size】: 2pcs Phillips sizes(#0, #1); 4pcs Flathead sizes(1.4mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.0mm); It is the prefect choice for your daily repairs such as watch, jewelry, glasses repair and fixing anything with small screws
- 【Good Grip Design】: The gap is closely combined while use, comfortable hand feeling. Spinning end caps increase speed and efficiency. A must have in the toolbox
- 【Easy To Carry】: Packed in a plastic storage case to help you keep the screwdriver organized. These are so convenient to have around the home
Start by pressing the metal button on the front of your key fob to flip out the key. Look inside the compartment where the key is housed and locate the seam on the top of the compartment close to the outer edge. Holding the top of the fob (where the metal button is) with your thumb, use your fingers or a flat-head screwdriver to push up against the seam, separating the top piece of plastic from the rest of the key fob.
Now that you have created some separation, look to the bottom of the key fob where the keyring attaches. Insert your flat-head screwdriver into the opening and twist, pushing the two pieces further apart. You should now be able to fully separate the two halves with your fingers, exposing the battery.
Next, take your precision screwdriver, pen, or another thin tool. Holding the key fob with the key facing down, insert your tool into the bottom-right corner of the indentation that houses the battery (there is a small black arrow pointing towards it). Use a prying and rocking motion to pull the battery up with your tool until the battery pops out. Now you can change your CR1620 battery.
Put the battery face down into the compartment. Start with the top side of the battery, getting that into place before pushing on the bottom of the battery to click it into place. Reconnect the two pieces of the key fob (being careful that the circuit board stays in place) and flip your key back in. That’s it, your Mazda CX-7 flip key fob has a brand new battery!This is the battery for this CX-7 key fob:
- 2-Pack of CR1620 lithium coin cell batteries for small electronic devices
- Powers devices such as watches, calculators, sporting goods, games, medical devices, and more
- Long-lasting, reliable battery life; performs in extreme temperatures