The Mazda CX-7 hit showroom floors in April of 2006. This vehicle was the company’s first mid-size SUV since the Mazda Navajo was discontinued in 1994. The CX-7 would go on with the International Car of the Year award for the crossover category in 2007.
This vehicle uses a Mazda’s flip key fob with a retractable physical key and remote locking, unlocking, and panic capabilities. If your CX-7 key fob is running out of juice—fear not. This guide will show you everything you need to know to replace the battery. With info on the battery type, the tools you need, and a step-by-step video tutorial, we’ve got you covered. Looking for a different Mazda key fob?
|CX-7||Flip||2007, 2008, 2009, 2010||CR1620||Check on Amazon|
How to replace the Mazda CX-7 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 flip key fob battery
It can be a bit tricky to replace the CR1620 battery inside this key fob. Scroll down to see a full video tutorial or keep reading for a step by step guide.
What you will need:
• 1x CR1620 battery
• Flat-head screwdriver
• Precision screwdriver (3.0mm/PH0 or smaller)
• Pen, pencil, toothpick or another thin tool
- 1【6 Different Sizes】Precision screwdriver set, The set includes 2 cross sizes (#0,#1); 4 flat head sizes(1.4 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.0 mm); mini screwdriver is your daily electronic repair, watch repair, jewelry repair Perfect choice for any other small screws.
- 2【Rotating Design】Eyeglass repair kit, The end cover adopts a rotating design, which is flexible to rotate, and the gap is tightly combined,and it is comfortable to use. Rotating end cap improves efficiency and is easy to use.
- 3【High Quality】Our precision screwdriver set is made of high-quality chrome vanadium steel material, hardened carbon steel shaft, black oxidation treatment, durable and corrosion-resistant. The screwdriver is small and very suitable for small screws.
Start by pressing the metal button on the front of your key fob to flip out the key. Look inside the compartment where the key is housed and locate the seam on the top of the compartment close to the outer edge. Holding the top of the fob (where the metal button is) with your thumb, use your fingers or a flat-head screwdriver to push up against the seam, separating the top piece of plastic from the rest of the key fob.
Now that you have created some separation, look to the bottom of the key fob where the keyring attaches. Insert your flat-head screwdriver into the opening and twist, pushing the two pieces further apart. You should now be able to fully separate the two halves with your fingers, exposing the battery.
Next, take your precision screwdriver, pen, or another thin tool. Holding the key fob with the key facing down, insert your tool into the bottom-right corner of the indentation that houses the battery (there is a small black arrow pointing towards it). Use a prying and rocking motion to pull the battery up with your tool until the battery pops out. Now you can change your CR1620 battery.
Put the battery face down into the compartment. Start with the top side of the battery, getting that into place before pushing on the bottom of the battery to click it into place. Reconnect the two pieces of the key fob (being careful that the circuit board stays in place) and flip your key back in. That’s it, your Mazda CX-7 flip key fob has a brand new battery!
This is the battery for this CX-7 key fob:
- IN THE BOX: 2-pack of CR1620 3 volt lithium coin cell replacement batteries for small electronic devices
- DEVICE COMPATIBLE: Ideal for watches, calculators, games, medical devices, and more
- DESIGNED TO LAST: Long-lasting, reliable battery life; performs in extreme temperatures
Mazda CX-7 Parts
Find parts for your Mazda CX-7: