The Mazda 2, also known as the Demio, 121, or Metro, is an award-winning supermini car. In production since 1996, the vehicle is currently in its fourth generation. Mazda 2 won the 2008 “World Car of the Year” award and the 2014-2015 “Car of the Year Japan” award. It’s easy to see why the Mazda 2 is such a popular car with its stylish exterior, impressive performance, and great value.
Since 2011, the Mazda 2 has used the same key fob. The Mazda 2’s “flip” key fob offers everything you could want in a car remote: locking, unlocking, panic, and hands-free trunk opening. Also, this key fob has a life-saving—and fun to play with—feature in its retractable physical key. If your battery ever dies, you will still have instant access to your vehicle.
What’s that, your battery did die? Well, no worries. In this guide, we will show you everything you need to know to open up your Mazda 2 key fob and change the battery—DIY style. Looking for another Mazda key fob?
|2||Flip||2011, 2012, 2013, 2014||CR1620||Check on Amazon|
How to replace the Mazda 2 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Flip 3-Button fob battery
Follow along and you will change your Mazda 2 key fob battery in no time. Scroll down to see a full video tutorial or keep reading for a step by step guide.
What you will need:
• 1x CR1620 battery
• Flat-head screwdriver
• Precision screwdriver (3.0mm/PH0 or smaller)
• Pen, toothpick, or another thin tool
- 【6 Different Size】: 2pcs Phillips sizes(#0, #1); 4pcs Flathead sizes(1.4mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.0mm); It is the prefect choice for your daily repairs such as watch, jewelry, glasses repair and fixing anything with small screws
- 【Good Grip Design】: The gap is closely combined while use, comfortable hand feeling. Spinning end caps increase speed and efficiency. A must have in the toolbox
- 【Easy To Carry】: Packed in a plastic storage case to help you keep the screwdriver organized. These are so convenient to have around the home
First, press the silver button on the face of your key fob to release the internal key. Push up on the top half of plastic from the empty space where the hey was housed with your fingers or a flat-head screwdriver. The goal is to make some small separation between the two halves of the key fob.
Once you have created a bit of separation, you should be able to insert your flat-head screwdriver into the gap on the bottom of the key fob (where the keyring attaches). Give the screwdriver a twist to filly separate the key fob.
Now that you are inside, you can use your precision screwdriver (or another thin tool) to pry out the battery. With the key facing down, put the tool into the bottom right part of the battery compartment. Pull down in a prying motion until the CR1620 pops out.
Next, place your new battery face down into the square battery compartment. Align the top of the battery in position and then push down on the bottom of the battery to snap it into place. Finally, reattach the other half of the key fob, making sure it fits snugly back into place.
Boom—you’re done. You have a brand new battery in your Mazda 2 key fob. Nice work!
- One pack of (2) CR1620 lithium coin cell batteries for small electronic devices
- Powers devices such as watches, calculators, sporting goods, games, medical devices, and more
- Long-lasting, reliable battery life; performs in extreme temperatures