The Mazda5 has been sold by Mazda since 2004. This model is actually the second generation of the Mazda Premacy, rebranded for non-Japanese markets. Considered a mini-minivan in the U.S., a compact MPV in Europe, and sold officially as a mid-size wagon by Mazda, this vehicle is clearly difficult to classify. It packs three rows of seats into its small footprint and features mini-van-style sliding rear doors. Though the vehicle was favorably rated and popular in many markets, it was eventually discontinued in 2018.
The Mazda 5 uses Mazda’s “flip” key fob. This device allows drivers to lock, unlock, panic, and open the hatch of their vehicle remotely. Additionally, the device has a flip-out internal key. If your key fob has run out of battery, don’t worry. DIY battery replacement for this key is simple and can easily be done home. Here, you will find everything you need to change the battery in your Mazda 5 key fob. Looking for a different Mazda key fob?
|5||Flip||2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015||CR1620||Check on Amazon|
How to replace the Mazda 5 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Flip 3-Button fob battery
Scroll down to see a full video tutorial or keep reading for a step by step guide.
What you will need:
• 1x CR1620 battery
• Flat-head screwdriver
• Precision screwdriver (3.0mm/PH0 or smaller)
• Pen, pencil, toothpick or another thin tool
- 1【6 Different Sizes】Precision screwdriver set, The set includes 2 cross sizes (#0,#1); 4 flat head sizes(1.4 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.0 mm); mini screwdriver is your daily electronic repair, watch repair, jewelry repair Perfect choice for any other small screws.
- 2【Rotating Design】Eyeglass repair kit, The end cover adopts a rotating design, which is flexible to rotate, and the gap is tightly combined,and it is comfortable to use. Rotating end cap improves efficiency and is easy to use.
- 3【High Quality】Our precision screwdriver set is made of high-quality chrome vanadium steel material, hardened carbon steel shaft, black oxidation treatment, durable and corrosion-resistant. The screwdriver is small and very suitable for small screws.
Begin by pressing the button on the face of your key fob to flip out the internal key. Next, locate the seam on the top of the compartment where the key was housed. Hold the top of the fob (where the metal button is) and use a flat-head screwdriver to push up against the seam to separate the two halves of the device.
Now, look to the bottom of the key fob where the keyring attaches. Insert your flat-head screwdriver into the opening you made and twist until the face of the device comes completely off. You now have access to the battery.
Next, hold the device with the extended key facing down and insert your precision screwdriver (or another thin tool) into the bottom-right corner of the compartment that houses the battery (there is a small black arrow pointing towards it). Use a prying and rocking motion to pull the battery up until it pops out.
Take your replacement CR1620 battery and put it face down into the compartment. Position the top side of the battery first, getting that into place before pushing on the bottom of the battery to click it into place. Finally, put the two pieces of the key fob back together. All done—you just replaced your Mazda 5 key fob battery!This is the battery for this Mazda 5 key fob:
- IN THE BOX: 2-pack of CR1620 3 volt lithium coin cell replacement batteries for small electronic devices
- DEVICE COMPATIBLE: Ideal for watches, calculators, games, medical devices, and more
- DESIGNED TO LAST: Long-lasting, reliable battery life; performs in extreme temperatures