Changing the battery in a Toyota MR2 key fob is something you can do at home without any professional help. You can do it all yourself for just a couple of bucks! Scroll down to see an easy-to-follow video tutorial that will show you everything you need to know to change your Toyota MR2 key fob battery.
For other Toyota models, see our Toyota key fob battery page.
|MR2||Simple with Light||2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004||CR2025||Check on Amazon|
How to replace the Toyota MR2 “Simple with Light” key fob battery (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to change the battery in your key fob.
What you will need:
- 1x CR2025 battery
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Precision screwdriver
This is the battery you need for the Toyota MR2 “Simple with Light” key fob:
- Energizer 2025 Lithium Coin Battery
- Delivers long-lasting, dependable performance in specialty devices like heart rate monitors, remotes, keyless entry systems, glucose monitors, toys, and games.Operating temperature:-30C to 60C
- Holds power for up to 10 years in storage, ensuring you have Lithium Coin Batteries ready when you need them
These are the precision screwdrivers I used to open this key fob in the video:
- 1【6 Different Sizes】Precision screwdriver set, The set includes 2 cross sizes (#0,#1); 4 flat head sizes(1.4 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.0 mm); mini screwdriver is your daily electronic repair, watch repair, jewelry repair Perfect choice for any other small screws.
- 2【Rotating Design】Eyeglass repair kit, The end cover adopts a rotating design, which is flexible to rotate, and the gap is tightly combined,and it is comfortable to use. Rotating end cap improves efficiency and is easy to use.
- 3【High Quality】Our precision screwdriver set is made of high-quality chrome vanadium steel material, hardened carbon steel shaft, black oxidation treatment, durable and corrosion-resistant. The screwdriver is small and very suitable for small screws.